As wedding videographers, we’ve learned a few things about the places we’ve filmed ceremonies at. For your benefit, we thought we’d compile our best knowledge into questions that you might want to ask if you’re looking around:
- Of course, is the it pretty for pictures and videos?
- Will you be able to have the reception there?
- Does the ceremony provide decorations and chairs?
- Does the ceremony provide a sound system?
- Are there restrictions for photographers and videographers?
- Does it have a good place for you to get ready or wait before the wedding?
- For an outdoor wedding, is there a backup you can move the wedding to if there’s bad weather?
- Do they require you to use certain vendors for video, pictures, flowers, or other? Sometimes churches invest in video recording systems and won’t allow videographers like us to film.
We hope you pick a place that allows an outside videographer! If for some reason you are not allowed tot, we can still do a love story or film the before and after along with the reception. We have gotten permission before to use clips from a church to use their video in our highlights and it still turned out really well.